Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Not one IOND delivered in the states besides beta. And not many of those. Why is that?
 
Not one IOND delivered in the states besides beta. And not many of those. Why is that?

I think we’ve covered this already! If you wanted confirmation that the new units were working correctly, would you ship them close by, or half way around the world?
 
I think we’ve covered this already! If you wanted confirmation that the new units were working correctly, would you ship them close by, or half way around the world?
That's not even a viable argument. First pre-order is first pre-order. Not location. That's what GHL promised when it came out. If you or anyone else have no problem with this that's fine. I do.
What's right is right. What's wrong is wrong.
For those willing to put up with what they're doing? I wish you luck. You'll see.
 
That's not even a viable argument. First pre-order is first pre-order. Not location. That's what GHL promised when it came out. If you or anyone else have no problem with this that's fine. I do.
What's right is right. What's wrong is wrong.
For those willing to put up with what they're doing? I wish you luck. You'll see.

It’s not an argument; it’s a sensible precaution at this stage.

I seem to remember early on that you were disregarding the negative feedback from the initial German customers as you implied that they didn’t know what they were talking about; it appears that they did.

I can understand the frustrations with the delays, but the stomping of the feet because someone else got one before you isn’t going to help anyone, particularly as it appears that you’re not on the pre-order list any more anyway.
 
It’s not an argument; it’s a sensible precaution at this stage.

I seem to remember early on that you were disregarding the negative feedback from the initial German customers as you implied that they didn’t know what they were talking about; it appears that they did.

I can understand the frustrations with the delays, but the stomping of the feet because someone else got one before you isn’t going to help anyone, particularly as it appears that you’re not on the pre-order list any more anyway.
Beta units weren't sent out to random people for random testing. They were sent to people that they could rely on to not give negative feedback. They controlled this whole thing from the begining. If you want to drink their Kool Aide? So be it. I'm not drinking
 
Beta units weren't sent out to random people for random testing. They were sent to people that they could rely on to not give negative feedback. They controlled this whole thing from the begining. If you want to drink their Kool Aide? So be it. I'm not drinking

That makes no sense. The initial feedback from production units was that there were problems. These were the reports that you decided were not trustworthy and they weren’t from GHL controlled beta-testers. The way it came across in the forum is that you thought you knew better; it seems that you still do. Until the unit is proven to be consistently reliable, sending you one tomorrow would not achieve anything, however much anyone wishes that it would.

You say that you aren’t drinking the kool aid but you are still annoyed that you’re not on the list, and that other people may be receiving deliveries. On the other hand, I am not a GHL fan boy, am not on the pre-order list, and am patiently waiting for real world feedback (from any country) with a view to possibly buying one in the future.

You can continue to be angry, and I probably would be too if I was in your position, but it isn’t going to achieve anything.
 
Several people out of thousands is positive news?
Several people is better than no people so yes it is a step in the right direction. I am interested to see the general population’s feedback on the IOND. I would love to see these units in the hands of the US preorder customers but it makes sense logistically that those closer to Germany are getting theirs before US.
 
Several people is better than no people so yes it is a step in the right direction. I am interested to see the general population’s feedback on the IOND. I would love to see these units in the hands of the US preorder customers but it makes sense logistically that those closer to Germany are getting theirs before US.
Then why are they telling people here it's coming? Soon..........
Why put out a release about an award they won and slightly mention that the "wait is over" shipping should be next week. Then go silent yet again?
This all leads to mistrust issues.
So...what your saying is that customer service still doesn't seem as important as being in or close to Germany? Huh! I'm glad I'm out.
 
That makes no sense. The initial feedback from production units was that there were problems. These were the reports that you decided were not trustworthy and they weren’t from GHL controlled beta-testers. The way it came across in the forum is that you thought you knew better; it seems that you still do. Until the unit is proven to be consistently reliable, sending you one tomorrow would not achieve anything, however much anyone wishes that it would.

You say that you aren’t drinking the kool aid but you are still annoyed that you’re not on the list, and that other people may be receiving deliveries. On the other hand, I am not a GHL fan boy, am not on the pre-order list, and am patiently waiting for real world feedback (from any country) with a view to possibly buying one in the future.

You can continue to be angry, and I probably would be too if I was in your position, but it isn’t going to achieve anything.
Yeah, I'm mad. GHL has shown exactly what their customer service is about here.
I mad that I own about 4k of their equipment. Because of the whole IOND thing and how they are handling it I'm over GHL as a company. I don't have to spend my money with them.
Right now everything is about their ego and how not to harm it. Instead of the people that have supported them over the years. Someone said in this thread a while back. Just tell us something, anything. But no...... Silence. This is what isn't working with GHL.
 
Several people is better than no people so yes it is a step in the right direction. I am interested to see the general population’s feedback on the IOND. I would love to see these units in the hands of the US preorder customers but it makes sense logistically that those closer to Germany are getting theirs before US.
Agree, it makes sense to ship to Germany first and then get feedback. The problem for GHL is that the probe issue was two fold. One involved the shipping damaging to the probe and the other was that it wore out within weeks or months of usage.
Matthias back is kind of up against the wall. He can quickly test if the shipping issue is fixed, but he really needs at least 6 months of data on the probe or else he could get a Tsunami of dead probes three months from now. He doesn't have that much time so I assume he is just going to make a leap of faith and see what happens.
 
There are a few companys that Announced they were releasing a multi ion probe tester thingy and so on, and how many are in use? Only one that im aware of and it took a couple of years to hit the shelves and then another year to get production consitent enough to supply demand.
Im not even sure the trident qualifys as an equal with what ghl is trying to do.
GHL should scrap the organics and focus on the big 3 then work on the others, there loosing market share.
Best of luck guys
 
Mastertronic before end of year here. Focustronic for the win!!!! (It’ll do nitrates for ya too)
 
There are a few companys that Announced they were releasing a multi ion probe tester thingy and so on, and how many are in use? Only one that im aware of and it took a couple of years to hit the shelves and then another year to get production consitent enough to supply demand.
Im not even sure the trident qualifys as an equal with what ghl is trying to do.
GHL should scrap the organics and focus on the big 3 then work on the others, there loosing market share.
Best of luck guys

Different tech. Reagent vs probe. This was discussed about 2 years ago that wasn't all that pretty. I don't think anyone here or on other forums know the real reasons and the beta testers are in NDA. There have been a few products that tried to do similar things without using reagents and they failed. We don't want to necro that dead horse so we'll just let it be.

The way I see it is if you want to automate and have an existing controller there is a solution. If you have a controller and want to automate a test or two there is another option. If you don't have a controller you have two options and that is use one of the stand alone units or wait.

If I was in the market the only thing of importance to me is the probe life expectancy vs. the number of tests. A lot of people, or beta testers, say this isn't important but anyone who actually automates tests and looks for trends knows this matters just like how frequently you replace reagents....

Stopping by and was surprised this thread is still active but I guess it hasn't shipped like they promised thus the activity. Remember good things come to those who wait. So maybe not all is lost.
 
Mastertronic before end of year here. Focustronic for the win!!!! (It’ll do nitrates for ya too)
This is intriguing. It measures Nitrates, Phosphates, Magnesium, Calcium, and Alkalinity? The lack of phosphate and alkalinity in the IOND was always a drawback for me.
 
Mastertronic before end of year here. Focustronic for the win!!!! (It’ll do nitrates for ya too)
Too bad Focustronic does not know how to get a product in United States terrible company, it has been consistently out of stock for over a year and I’m over it I’d rather wait for a pre-order then deal with trying to find one in stock and a company who doesn’t even care, I contacted them multiple times and they just ignored me well if they don’t want to sell to anyone in United States then they can stay where the rat and go out of business
 
Last edited:
Too bad they don’t know how to get a product in United States terrible company, it has been consistently out of stock for over a year and I’m over it I’d rather wait for a pre-order then deal with trying to find one in stock and a company who doesn’t even care
Aquarium specialty is in the states and have them now (tax deferred!) I waited 2 years to never get my IOND. Looking forward to being able to test all the major parameters (even iron!). I’m also hoping to rely on their new CLI measurement which if I understand it measures water clarity as a tell when to swap out carbon. Also- I believe it can communicate with the GHL P4 to log measurements.

sounds like GHL is close… but this isn’t horseshoes.
 
Aquarium specialty is in the states and have them now (tax deferred!) I waited 2 years to never get my IOND. Looking forward to being able to test all the major parameters (even iron!). I’m also hoping to rely on their new CLI measurement which if I understand it measures water clarity as a tell when to swap out carbon. Also- I believe it can communicate with the GHL P4 to log measurements.

sounds like GHL is close… but this isn’t horseshoes.
Aquarium specialty is in the states and have them now (tax deferred!) I waited 2 years to never get my IOND. Looking forward to being able to test all the major parameters (even iron!). I’m also hoping to rely on their new CLI measurement which if I understand it measures water clarity as a tell when to swap out carbon. Also- I believe it can communicate with the GHL P4 to log measurements.

sounds like GHL is close… but this isn’t horseshoes.
Well maybe GHL will see this and start sending directors out, but also seems like Focustronic seems to have an in with disgruntled customers of GHL, I still would prefer the Iondirector just because all of my controller stuff is GHL and they seem like a solid company, that being said I’ve only been waiting a few months for my pre-order so I’m not as upset as everyone else
 
Last edited:
Well maybe GHL will see this and start sending directors out, but also seems like Focustronic seems to have an in with disgruntled customers of GHL, I still would prefer the Iondirector just because all of my controller stuff is GHL and they seem like a solid company, that being said I’ve only been waiting a few months for my pre-order so I’m not as upset as everyone else
Definitely no “in” here (I wish). This will be my first experience with Focustronic but I have seen/heard good things. I’m still a GHL fan (as an apex convert). The mastertronic does seem as well thought out as a GHL product so maybe that’s why GHL users are attracted.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top