Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

I Got mine, in Mid January, Set it up late January and As I have recovered from Covid, I am now about to raise my warranty claim on my sensor that lasted nearly 4 weeks ( despite following the preparation and installation exactly). But I was really impressed whilst it was working. I hope you guys are luckier.
 
I Got mine, in Mid January, Set it up late January and As I have recovered from Covid, I am now about to raise my warranty claim on my sensor that lasted nearly 4 weeks ( despite following the preparation and installation exactly). But I was really impressed whilst it was working. I hope you guys are luckier.
Did they ship you with the bad probe? I thought they delayed shipping to get new probes delivered.
 
Did they ship you with the bad probe? I thought they delayed shipping to get new probes delivered.
I thought that they were only shipping the new probe as well. I'm not sure if I could identify which probe was sent. Maybe I was unlucky on specified tolerances or maybe there remains an issue. I will have to see what GHL say in the coming weeks. On the results I got, there was an approximate match to my test sets with everything (except Nitrate (Salifert Test), whilst the Probe condition was fully green. I also checked on my profilux to ensure that measurements were not taken until a good hour after any dosing activities.
 
Had mine running for 2 weeks now and I have to say its great, it took a few days for the micro bubbles to stop forming in the reference lines. Testing once per day currently and the results are solid. I will look to control 3 part dosing when I change tanks later this year
 
I got mine today but am not doing something right with the set-up. I now have three Doser 2.1's. The one that is used for Mg, Ca, Alk, misc was numbered 1-4. Now, it seems that the Ion Director wants to be 1-4 (although I haven't finished hooking it up so can't try it yet.) I understand that is due to the new PAB routing.

But now, I can't get the Mg, Ca, Alk doser to respond to anything (and that is my top priority). I would think it should be on the next set of free dosing pump numbers which would be 13-16 (because I have two Maxi's) but they don't respond.
I'm thinking the PAB connections may not be right although they seem to be in order when I look under SYSTEM.

Also, every time I click on ION Director, I get a Communications Error #41. (Not sure where to look up errors).

For now, I removed the ION Director and put everything back how it was. It's late. Will work on it tomorrow. Probably need to trace the PAB sequencing??

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
would love to know your initial thoughts

pretty good. its been running 3 weeks, testing once a day. gotta say its burning thru the free 1000ml reagents included in preorders, like more than 1/2 gone now.

but the Ca and Mg and K ppm tested levels were within 1 to 2% of our icp tested values, rather amazing. have not been able to have it control our Ca tho, prolly user error and infrequency of testing.

all users please note, the instructional set up failed (or i missed it) to mention set up the doser first, including first updating the doser firmware. if not, ⁹youll haveta start all over... so get the doser ready 1st.
 
Last edited:
I got mine today but am not doing something right with the set-up. I now have three Doser 2.1's. The one that is used for Mg, Ca, Alk, misc was numbered 1-4. Now, it seems that the Ion Director wants to be 1-4 (although I haven't finished hooking it up so can't try it yet.) I understand that is due to the new PAB routing.

But now, I can't get the Mg, Ca, Alk doser to respond to anything (and that is my top priority). I would think it should be on the next set of free dosing pump numbers which would be 13-16 (because I have two Maxi's) but they don't respond.
I'm thinking the PAB connections may not be right although they seem to be in order when I look under SYSTEM.

Also, every time I click on ION Director, I get a Communications Error #41. (Not sure where to look up errors).

For now, I removed the ION Director and put everything back how it was. It's late. Will work on it tomorrow. Probably need to trace the PAB sequencing??

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Have you manually assigned pump numbers?
 
I got mine today but am not doing something right with the set-up. I now have three Doser 2.1's. The one that is used for Mg, Ca, Alk, misc was numbered 1-4. Now, it seems that the Ion Director wants to be 1-4 (although I haven't finished hooking it up so can't try it yet.) I understand that is due to the new PAB routing.

But now, I can't get the Mg, Ca, Alk doser to respond to anything (and that is my top priority). I would think it should be on the next set of free dosing pump numbers which would be 13-16 (because I have two Maxi's) but they don't respond.
I'm thinking the PAB connections may not be right although they seem to be in order when I look under SYSTEM.

Also, every time I click on ION Director, I get a Communications Error #41. (Not sure where to look up errors).

For now, I removed the ION Director and put everything back how it was. It's late. Will work on it tomorrow. Probably need to trace the PAB sequencing??

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
@Lasse who may be able to help
 
As default - new dosers is numbered 1-4. If you have a setup with 3 dosers numbering 1-12 and add another doser - you need to number it 11-16 after the PAB connecting, Here my settings

1646924705984.png


1646924789790.png

1646924859458.png


1646924918445.png



After numbering your pumps - go to the ion director - click on the triangle and a pull down menu will appear. In that you mark that pump that is your sample pump and so on

1646925171222.png


Sincerely Lasse
 
all users please note, the instructional set up failed (or i missed it) to mention set up the doser first, including first updating the doser firmware. if not, ⁹youll haveta start all over... so get the doser ready 1st.
Do you update the firmware for the doser from the SYSTEM page where it reads "Update Firmware"? I'm asking because when I click that there are warnings like "fraught with risk" and suggests visiting the Users Manual.

(I've updated the Control Center to version 1.1.3.7 but I'm guessing that this isn't the same thing)
Thank you.
 
1.36 is latest FW for a slave unit. For you ION director - did you get a doser 2.1 slave or standalone?. When you update the FW - you need to do it with only the actual unit connected and attached. Please read the manual.

Sincerely Lasse
 
As default - new dosers is numbered 1-4. If you have a setup with 3 dosers numbering 1-12 and add another doser - you need to number it 11-16 after the PAB connecting, Here my settings



After numbering your pumps - go to the ion director - click on the triangle and a pull down menu will appear. In that you mark that pump that is your sample pump and so on

1646925171222.png


Sincerely Lasse
Thank you for your help, Lasse. I now have everything numbered properly. (I should have not tried tackling this at 1 am in the morning! :)

Problem now: When I go to the ION DIRECTOR, I get this message: "Communication Error # 41" Any idea what that may be?
 
1.36 is latest FW for a slave unit. For you ION director - did you get a doser 2.1 slave or standalone?. When you update the FW - you need to do it with only the actual unit connected and attached. Please read the manual.

Sincerely Lasse
I got the slave. It's been a long time since I've updated but now that you mention "with only the unit connected....", that rings a bell ! Thanks.
 
When you have connect it as an PAB device - you can find the FW here. actual is 1.36

1646934731669.png


Sincerely Lasse
I see that I do have the 1.36 Firmware (although I never connected the new Doser by itself to the P4).
So, I wonder why I keep getting the Error 41. (I'm guessing that I need to connect the Doser to the P4 anyway so will try that later tonight).
Thanks again for helping!
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your help, Lasse. I now have everything numbered properly. (I should have not tried tackling this at 1 am in the morning! :)

Problem now: When I go to the ION DIRECTOR, I get this message: "Communication Error # 41" Any idea what that may be?

If I connect via wifi using GCC then I get all sorts of errors. If I connect via GHL connect then it connects without errors, but I have to keep re-connecting.

You should be able to connect to whatever is controlling the Ion D (either the SA doser or Profilux) and view the settings from there. You don't have to connect directly to the Ion D (assuming it is the same as the KHD) but I don't think that is the reason for your Error 41.

You need something connected that will control it, so just using the slave doser and Ion D won't work. You will need it connected to a Profilux or standalone doser.
 
pretty good. its been running 3 weeks, testing once a day. gotta say its burning thru the free 1000ml reagents included in preorders, like more than 1/2 gone now.

but the Ca and Mg and K ppm tested levels were within 1 to 2% of our icp tested values, rather amazing. have not been able to have it control our Ca tho, prolly user error and infrequency of testing.

all users please note, the instructional set up failed (or i missed it) to mention set up the doser first, including first updating the doser firmware. if not, ⁹youll haveta start all over... so get the doser ready 1st.

From a few other posts I've read outside of here it is going to be expensive to run daily tests over the course of a year.
 
This is so frustrating! After waiting 2 years for the ION DIRECTOR, I finally received it but after 2 days of fussing with it I still can't get it to work. I admit that my computer skills are really pathetic so I can only blame myself....but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. (I put in a ticket, but that may take some time going back and forth with one question or answer per day).

Thank you @Lasse and others for what you have done so far to help,

The new Doser 2 is a Slave. GCC and Doser 2 firmwares are current.

So, do I need to connect the new Doser 2 by itself with the P4? I wired them with the CAT5 but I couldn't get it to connect (using the GHL Connect Devices tab). I was able to assign all of my devices it seems. Does that mean that I don't have to do something with only the P4 and the new Doser 2 connected together? If I do, then I still need help with that apparently.

If the above-mentioned connection is not necessary, then next question would be: Why am I getting ERROR #41 when I click on ION DIRECTOR under PROBES (and then the program closes).

I can get a connection when I double click the P4 icon on the DEVICES page as has always been the case.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top