Hasted's Red Sea XL 300

Would love to see some updates on this tank, I just got my xl300 and am also upgrading from a 29g, so this has been a great read!
 
It's been a while...

Over the summer during the second hottest week, my AC went out for 8 days. I battled to keep the tank under 85 degrees. I lost a lot.

3/4 of my corals are gone. Half my fish didn't make it.

I neglected my tank for about two months after that, losing a couple more coral.

I passed the 1 year mark in a sad state of mind. The tank brought no enjoyment when I looked into it.

Thousands aiptasia. No fish. Barely any corals. I stopped cleaning my glass.


The last two + months I got everything back on track! Cleaned everything. Got rid of all the aiptasia. Just have some bubble algae to deal with as a last issue!

Got a few more corals here and there. Things are looking up.

I also got two of my most desired corals! For my nano, a 24k Lepto. Nothing special, but the main coral I wanted to encrust the BB.

For this tank! A Pikachu acro. Insanely bright.

I hope this Pika does as well as my other SPS was doing before the AC incident. It is front and center!

I will try to start doing monthly updates again since the tank is less depressing!

2CAA8EA422AD_1638586832010.png




20211208_181748.jpg



IMG_20211208_213925_727.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top