Have an order in with Aquarium Depot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Geonet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Geonet

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
213
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Coral on order with them...anyone used the site before?
 
Bought a handful from them from the $9.99 bin. Make sure you dip your corals before you put them in the tank, 90% sure they are the source of my recent Red Planaria battle...... I got Pods from them too and was kind of disappointed in the packaging, giant filter floss with all of the pods hidden in it. Going with Algae Barn from now on in that regard. Otherwise, no complaints the Zoa's I ordered are thriving.
 
Thanks,Mine just arrived a few hours ago.Havent opened the box yet.I stopped by the LFS store and bought some Seachem Reef Dip.I'll unpack in a few and get dipping...These are my first corals..I'm still wondering what is the best way to stick them on my rocks:)
 
To stick on rocks, you can use epoxy putty and superglue.
 
The epoxy putty I picked up at Harbor Freight is black?...is that still safe?
 
I looked up online and it said that it is non toxic and solvent free. I would say it is safe, but do not take my word for it. Maybe, someone will chime in and let you know for sure.
 
I also bought Gorilla glue..but its not the clear stuff..so kinda worried about using that.
and a quick setting epoxy adhesive.They didnt have and regular super glue gel:(
 
Yeah I wouldn’t recommend using different superglue other than the ones that say “gel“ on it. Can’t you put the corals at the bottom first and wait until you can get the right superglue?
 
I'll try if the wife cant find gel otw home
 
Did you end up using the harbor freight epoxy? I’m debating using it for my aqua scape.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top