Have you ever been attacked by the Emerald Crab?

Subnautica

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
566
Reaction score
509
Location
Phoenix, AZ
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my Emerald using a big clip. I feed him algae wafers. Every time the clip gets near him he will attack it once or twice, then if he sees there's food he will grab it from the clip :D. I was wonfering what'd happen if I used my bare hand...
 
I dont feed mine because I want him to eat my tank algae BUT if I see him out ill carpet bomb him with some pellets or turkey baste some frozen his way. He hides 90% of the time.
 
I dont feed mine because I want him to eat my tank algae BUT if I see him out ill carpet bomb him with some pellets or turkey baste some frozen his way. He hides 90% of the time.

Yeah mine doesn't move much as well. The ones I saw in LFS moved around a lot.
 
Before ours disappeared he would go after our feeding pipet, and also defensively wave when my hand was in the tank.
 
I had one with huge claws! He ate all my algae, including a couple balls of bubble algae. After he ate all that, I would feed him pellets with tweezers. Oddly enough, he would be gentle when grabbing from the tweezers, but I’m not sure I would try my fingers.

56B50800-BD7C-4078-BFAB-DE2D960CFD37.jpeg
 
Mine lost a claw arm somehow... will it grow back?

Yes, you'll see it again after a molt. It will likely be on the small side at that point.
When it molts again after that, it will likely return back to normal size.
 
Yes, you'll see it again after a molt. It will likely be on the small side at that point.
When it molts again after that, it will likely return back to normal size.

Great thanks! i feel kind of bad but he seems to be eating and doing fine and waving his one claw around at the fish occasionally... probably cursing whoever got his claw!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top