Have you ever had a cheap fish eat an expensive fish?

AnemoneBay

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Messages
329
Reaction score
188
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently in February, my $20 angler ate my $160 angler. But I learned from this mistake and haven’t had it happened again, BUT... have you ever had any of your cheap fish eat your expensive fish?
 
Pretty sure lots of new guys buying damsels run into this lol. happens if you don’t research before buy it. But then these are animals that can break out of charactor.
 
I had a prawn goby all by himself for a while, so I decided to add a pistol shrimp. I guess the shrimp was too small because as soon as I dropped the shrimp in, the goby came up and swallowed him whole...
 
Sorry @AnemoneBay but that's just Funny. That's a joke that will last longer than all your fish, Best of Luck with all your tanks
 
Pretty sure lots of new guys buying damsels run into this lol. happens if you don’t research before buy it. But then these are animals that can break out of charactor.
They both were the same size, intact the angler was the smallest bit smaller, but I know they eat each other if there is a huge difference, but it was the opposite.
 
I think it’s practically a rule in saltwater fish keeping.

In ‘cheap fish vs expensive fish’, cheap fish has a daunting record.
 
Before the days of Internet forums and fish compatibility charts, I had a huge lionfish I loved. Back then, and even now, I also love the huma-huma trigger. So who knew triggers like lionfish. The trigger came up from underneath the lionfish and ate out his belly.

Poor guy, when I got home all that was left was a spine and his wings.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top