Have you ever seen one so big or green?

About a week earlier then I expected. I think we have babies..... I hope these are oxyanoe .
I'm not seeing a shell on these like I would expect to on larval/juvenile Oxynoe slugs, so I'm inclined to think it's not one of those. That said, I can't find any pics of the larvae to compare with at the moment, so I may be wrong (I'd just think it unlikely in this specific instance).
 
I'm not seeing a shell on these like I would expect to on larval/juvenile Oxynoe slugs, so I'm inclined to think it's not one of those. That said, I can't find any pics of the larvae to compare with at the moment, so I may be wrong (I'd just think it unlikely in this specific instance).
Yeah. Its an internal shell and I'm sure it starts pretty small as the eggs were pretty small. I'm sure in a week or 2 they will be more defined.
 
I have seen a couple green guys showing up, the white molluscs are stomatella.
 

Attachments

  • 20240605_084302.jpg
    20240605_084302.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240605_084010.jpg
    20240605_084010.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 26
I have seen a couple green guys showing up, the white molluscs are stomatella.
I'm not sure they're Stomatellas either, as those still have noticeable (at least in pics) shells - the lack of a shell makes them look like they might be some sort of nudibranch like an Arminid species or something to me.

I can't say for sure from the video though.
 
The little ones have been getting big enough to photograph. I have seen at least 3 little ones. The adults are presumed dead at this point. My caulerpa is holding up well.
 

Attachments

  • 20240628_091735.jpg
    20240628_091735.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240629_190102.jpg
    20240629_190102.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240629_190252.jpg
    20240629_190252.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 25
The oxynoe seem to have all died off. I made it to 4 generations before they were not able to sustain themselves on the caulerpa in the 10g. They did not eliminate the caulerpa. Both species are alive. I even added grape caulerpa that's the only one that didn't make it but not because of the oxyanoe. They were out of sight when it arrived and I put it in my display just a poor specimen off ebay for 15 bucks. I was hoping they would live longer. Oxyanoe lifecycle seems to be 30 days after hatching. With 30 days incubation period.
 
Thank you for taking the time to document your progress. It was amazing while it lasted.
I was putting the sand and remaining macros in another tank when I saw this... so I might see another round. If only the adults lived longer.
 

Attachments

  • 20240827_130532.jpg
    20240827_130532.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 13

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top