heavy metals in water and other fun things

Yes, that might be the cause.

It's hard to say what the specific effects are since there are many different heavy metals and different responses organisms have, but lack of thriving all the way to death can be the result.
 
I'd personally just attack the phosphates and call it a day. Do your routine wc and let it go. When I had high phosphates I went with small amounts of gfo or phosguard and changed it out every 4-5 days till it was acceptable, now I run very small amounts of phosguard for 3-4 weeks at a time. I'm going to switch back to gfo for a month to see what happens. I'm not expecting miracles.
It's interesting how seachem refutes RHFs article on aluminum and swears it doesn't leech. Well, then I would like them to explain to me why our Al values are so high?
 
Seems to me that kessil out warn about getting this too close to the water. How does anodizing affect leeching? I wonder what compounds are in the anodizing?

Sounds like I need to make a call to kessil, eh?
 
hot dang. i dont think ive ever had a forum post makes 2 pages before, and i got a science guy and another reef masta on here. snazzy got my r2r supporter tag so i feel like one of the crew
 
It's interesting how seachem refutes RHFs article on aluminum and swears it doesn't leech. Well, then I would like them to explain to me why our Al values are so high?

Now that it is more than just my data, they look a bit foolish, IMO. :)

I never understood how they could say the things they did (and still do). :(
 
Last edited:
Now that it is more than just my data, they look a bit foolish, IMO. :)

I never understood how they could say the things they did (and still do). :(

De

755737257c3b41720a14ad9c82ee4183.jpg
 
LOL. Now that's funny! It took me about 5 seconds to get it...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top