Hello: New York City (From Scottsdale)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Siasl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
62
Location
New York, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

After a couple of years on that other forum I am making the switch. Currently being transferred to NYC for work, so I am in the process of tearing down and selling off a 500G A.G.E. star-fire peninsula display tank (800G system). As my wife would say, "it is a great way to turn $X into $X/4." However - I have had great luck in the tear-down sale (even think I have the tank / stand / sump sold), so it is better than nothing.

Using those proceeds, you will find me posting in the next few months a new build. I am planning on massively downsizing to ~ 55G or so (NYC apartments are not large) - am thinking about going back to an Elos tank (probably system 70) and just focusing on a show ritteri anemone plus whatever... It is stereo-typical, but I love the clownfish / Nem relationship and can spend hours relaxing in front of that scene.

Until then - just saying hi and will be lurking / reading / commenting from time to time. There are a lot of experts here with tons of free time, but if you ever need help on something related to: Apex, plumbing, electrical, Nems, or NP pellet use - I have boatloads of experience here, so just PM me. I have also flooded several rooms (who hasn't in this hobby?) and screwed up DIY overflows. You take the good with the bad.

Nice to meet you,

Siasl
 
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 
Welcome; wish you could stay around these parts!

*sidenote* I may know who's buying your tank. ;)
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
welcome to the forum! Would love to see pictures of your system when it was up and running!
 
Welcome to R2R!! :)
 
I'm back in the game ladies and gentlemen. I just got settled into NYC (Hell's Kitchen) and have placed an order for an Elos System 70 with a custom Royal Exclusiv sump / skimmer combo. Build details to come.

It has only been 4-5 months, but I feel twitchy still at withdrawal. I miss you all!
 
Nice. I love my system 70. You didn't want to go a little bit larger to the system 100? I wish I had a little bit more room.
 
Good question - but the 70 is ideal. Fits perfectly in my apartment and I actually like the (almost) square element of the dimensions.

Plus - as we walked around the aqua studio in NJ, my wife pointed it out and said, "I like that one, let's get that."

And thus my decision making ability was removed from me and I bowed to her request.

Anytime the wife wants something in the same ball-park as you do in this hobby...

...you agree. (IMHO)
 
I hear you. It's a great compact system. Only thing I hated was the sump so I had one custom built. I'm not too far from you so if you ever need any help feel free to shoot me a pm.
 
Thanks for the offer! I disliked the Elos sump too - I am skipping their sump and going with a dreambox instead. Gotta love the German engineering.
 
Anytime the wife wants something in the same ball-park as you do in this hobby...

...you agree. (IMHO)
I am in complete agreement.*Welcome to the forum!*
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top