Helmet urchin, colobocentrotus atratus

  • Thread starter Thread starter titi59
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

titi59

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I would like a colobocentrotus atratus in my tank ! Have you ever had and you have tips on maintenance? Thank you !

2523903344_3aeeae1881.jpg
 
Hello everyone, I would like a colobocentrotus atratus in my tank ! Have you ever had and you have tips on maintenance? Thank you !

2523903344_3aeeae1881.jpg
I know this is old but if anyone comes across this, I believe they eat coralline algae, ive tried to feed mine nori and it showed no interest. Been in my reef tank for about 5 years. Usually on the glass sometimes on the rock.
 
Last edited:
I know this is old but if anyone comes across this, I believe they eat coralline algae, ive tried to feed mine nori and it showed no interest. Been in my reef tank for about 5 years. Usually on the glass sometimes on the rock.
They are reported to eat coralline algae, so you're not the only one who believes that:

"The Shingle Urchin is herbivorous and mainly grazes on red coralline algae."

Source:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top