Help! Carbon media leaked into my tank

timtim13

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
South Side of ATL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I just added my 2 rectors last weekend on a new 57 build. All has been fine for about a week.

This morning i woke up and heard my tank making noise and the water was real low, i forgot to top it off, i added water and all was wel.

Then! My reactor Phosguard150 decided to leak carbon all over, sponge is on top and everything and it made its way all in my sump and display tank.

What should i do? How do i get all these little tiny pieces of carbon off my sand and out of my tank? Will it kill anything?

Tim
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424971732.609485.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424971746.370884.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424971754.341005.jpg
 
Im pretty sure its not going to hurt anything. I would try to siphon it out. You're probably going to get some sand too tho

Also, it looks like your ball valves on the reactors are all the way open. Probably want to dial those back some
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top