Help! Dosed Citric Acid into Reef Tank Water

I don't know of anything one can do if organisms are suffering from a past event but are currently in seemingly fine water.
Thanks! I appreciate your response. I guess my concern is that it's "seemingly" fine water, but, since corals are starting to slowly bounce back, I've got to assume it is.
 
Thanks! I appreciate your response. I guess my concern is that it's "seemingly" fine water, but, since corals are starting to slowly bounce back, I've got to assume it is.

If you did a 100% water change as you mention, it is.
 
If you did a 100% water change as you mention, it is.
Thank you!!! I did. It's been a few days and so far, I haven't lost a coral (although a few toadstools are still closed). I feel confident about adding the fish back now.
 
I'm happy to report that a full week later, all corals have returned to their former states, except for one toadstool that I expect will open when it's ready.

Overall, I lost my emerald crab because I couldn't find him and didn't take more time to look because I was in panic about the corals and needed to purchase 20 gallons of pre-mixed saltwater quickly. Luckily, I knew where to find it. That journey took about 90 minutes. Having added a cup and a half of citric acid to a 20 gallon tank, I feel pretty lucky not to have lost more.

Thanks everybody for your encouragement along the way. I suggest to anyone, don't leave any jugs of citric acid near your tank where you change water! Lol. It is no fun to accidentally dose your tank. But there can be light at the end of the tunnel. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top