Oct 7, 2019 #21 OP OP RyanFish Active Member View Badges Joined May 27, 2018 Messages 123 Reaction score 26 What state or country do you live in California Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Thank you for your advice! And thank you everyone else. One more quick question. How does high phosphates or high alkalinity affect fish?
Thank you for your advice! And thank you everyone else. One more quick question. How does high phosphates or high alkalinity affect fish?
Oct 7, 2019 #22 H Humblefish Dr. Fish View Badges Excellence Award Louisiana Reef Club Joined Nov 9, 2014 Messages 22,424 Reaction score 34,869 Rating - 0% 0 0 0 RyanFish said: One more quick question. How does high phosphates or high alkalinity affect fish? Click to expand... Yes to the latter (I wouldn't go over 11-12 dKH); but high phosphates shouldn't cause any issues unless possibly they were insanely high.
RyanFish said: One more quick question. How does high phosphates or high alkalinity affect fish? Click to expand... Yes to the latter (I wouldn't go over 11-12 dKH); but high phosphates shouldn't cause any issues unless possibly they were insanely high.
Oct 8, 2019 #23 OP OP RyanFish Active Member View Badges Joined May 27, 2018 Messages 123 Reaction score 26 What state or country do you live in California Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Hmm. So what would happen if the phosphate was insanely high or alkalinity was 25. I’ve had both of these before.
Hmm. So what would happen if the phosphate was insanely high or alkalinity was 25. I’ve had both of these before.
Oct 8, 2019 #24 H Humblefish Dr. Fish View Badges Excellence Award Louisiana Reef Club Joined Nov 9, 2014 Messages 22,424 Reaction score 34,869 Rating - 0% 0 0 0 RyanFish said: Hmm. So what would happen if the phosphate was insanely high or alkalinity was 25. I’ve had both of these before. Click to expand... How were you testing? A sudden swing in alkalinity can cause swim bladder issues, and I think I read somewhere that high alkalinity can turn ammonia more toxic. But honestly, this is more of a @Randy Holmes-Farley kinda question.
RyanFish said: Hmm. So what would happen if the phosphate was insanely high or alkalinity was 25. I’ve had both of these before. Click to expand... How were you testing? A sudden swing in alkalinity can cause swim bladder issues, and I think I read somewhere that high alkalinity can turn ammonia more toxic. But honestly, this is more of a @Randy Holmes-Farley kinda question.