Help I do not know what is going on with my tank!!

I am going to get a 10 gallon with an over the back filter I will take some my water out of my tank ( if you think that is safe) and try and get them into there as fast as possible. Do you think I have to do anything else to the substrate or filters in my 24-gallon or just removing the fish should be enough.
Its in your tank at this point and you will need to let it go fallow for a long while.
 
 
I am going to get a 10 gallon with an over the back filter I will take some my water out of my tank ( if you think that is safe) and try and get them into there as fast as possible. Do you think I have to do anything else to the substrate or filters in my 24-gallon or just removing the fish should be enough.

I don’t think that moving water is going to have enough beneficial bacteria in it. You should get some bacteria in a bottle to have on standby to help with any ammonia issues. Beneficial bacteria lives on surfaces, anything non calcium that you could move over? Old filter floss, etc?


Jay
 
8 fish in a 24 gallon is about 4 too many and too quickly also. I'm guessing there were territory battles and stress going on.
100% agree with this, lots of fish, minimal hiding places and quite a few aggressive fish. Bet someone is picking on the others and killing them.
 
I am going to get a 10 gallon with an over the back filter I will take some my water out of my tank ( if you think that is safe) and try and get them into there as fast as possible. Do you think I have to do anything else to the substrate or filters in my 24-gallon or just removing the fish should be enough.
Removing and treating the fish is enough. You gotta make sure your 24 gallon is fishless for 28 days from the day you remove the infected fish. I would do a month in a half just to be safe. If you want to understand why you have to wait a month look up ich lifecycle. Good luck.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top