Help!! I need advice! About to throw in the towel!

Have you considered doing a HOB refugium?
The biggest you can afford
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sumps-tanks-refugiums/refegiums.html

Get that new Kessil refugium light

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/h80-tuna-sun-flora-refugium-led-light-kessil.html

I think growing cheato is way under rated. I have 300 gallons and large hungry fish. I don't need GFO or carbon dosing. I put a high intensity grow light over my refugium and NO3 went 20ppm to 4ppm, PO4 from .09 to .03 in less than a week!!! I feed so much no one would take me seriously if I showed them lol.
I know what you mean about feeding. Checkout 40B Knasty on YouTube Flake feeding and frozen. Nitrates 1ppm and that is with my ELOS lab grade nitrate test kit. No refugium or sump.
 
Try pulling the rock out of the tank and squirting it down with 3% H2O2, let it set for about 3 to 4 minutes and putting it back into the tank.
This worked for me and I didn't lose any corals. I also had some 1/2" tubing that I would put in my filter sock and suck as much GHA off the rock and sand then change out the sock. This worked for me.
 
I had the exact same issue. Installed a GFO reactor and could see the hair algae dying, then i took it out and scrubbed off the dying algae.....hasnt come back and my phosphates are 0.000000 .....RO/DI water helps too.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top