Help!!!!! I think my hammer is dying what do I do?

Morgan Rodgers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
285
Reaction score
128
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that my hammer has been shrinking up a lot recently, I thought maybe because of High flow, but it could also be low on nutrients, I moved it to a different place and I fed it some frozen food yesterday, what do I do now?

07BB2807-B16F-4C48-8778-EE4F73EB246B.jpeg 399BD161-1D67-4D27-A52B-BEE9C6FD2EF6.jpeg image.jpg
 
Can you give some more inforation about the age of the tank, age of the frag, your water parameters, your lighting, and any other corals in the tank and how they are doing?
 
Can you give some more inforation about the age of the tank, age of the frag, your water parameters, your lighting, and any other corals in the tank and how they are doing?
my tank is around two months old and I have had the frag for two weeks. All my parameters are low and I have almost no nitrates. My light is a Fluval marine 3.0, but am about to get the AI 32HD. All my other corals are doing amazing especially my blastos
 
my tank is around two months old and I have had the frag for two weeks. All my parameters are low and I have almost no nitrates. My light is a Fluval marine 3.0, but am about to get the AI 32HD. All my other corals are doing amazing especially my blastos

Can you post the actual numbers for

salinity:
pH:
Nitrate:
Phosphate:
Calcium:
Magnesium:
Alkalinity:


When you say your parameters are low do you mean that your salinity (for example) is too low and you're working on raising it?
 
I’m not exactly sure what your No3 and Po4 look like, but I would bet that might have something to do with it. When mine bottomed out I had issues with my Torches and Hammers not fully extending their polyps. Once I started dosing to keep my No3 and Po4 up, the issue was resolved. Seems Euphyllia are more finicky when these numbers are low.
 
Send him my way, I will rehabilitate him for you.

29A4C67D-7DE1-4CF2-8F43-066B7A632236.jpeg
 
I cant’t test for ammonia or ph

My parameters are
Salinity is 1.025
Nitrate: .02 ppm
Phosphate is 0
Calcium is 500
Alkalinity is 7.5
Magnesium 15w
 
Nitrate.....too low.....2-10ppm.....corals need....or they slowly starve.
Phosphate....if actually “0”....again too low....corals needs trace phosphates
Magnesium....15w.....if you mean 1500....that’s too high....1300-1360ppm.

You need to ensure salinity, temp, PH, nitrate, phosphate, CA, MG, and Alk, are in the required ranges and that they experience as little change as possible. Dosers and ATO are great additions to the stability goal.

Work towards moving slowly, all parameters to range, test frequently, make change where required.

2387DF8C-9EF1-4D6B-916C-D8E249C9DB34.jpeg
 
Nitrate.....too low.....2-10ppm.....corals need....or they slowly starve.
Phosphate....if actually “0”....again too low....corals needs trace phosphates
Magnesium....15w.....if you mean 1500....that’s too high....1300-1360ppm.

You need to ensure salinity, temp, PH, nitrate, phosphate, CA, MG, and Alk, are in the required ranges and that they experience as little change as possible. Dosers and ATO are great additions to the stability goal.

Work towards moving slowly, all parameters to range, test frequently, make change where required.

2387DF8C-9EF1-4D6B-916C-D8E249C9DB34.jpeg
Is that a red digi?
 
I’m thinking forest fire digi, the mother colonies tips are yellow.
Not good at this naming thing.
Yes, you may be right. I’m not good at the naming thing either, lol
 
This is what I use.
For phosphate I use Seachem Flourish phosphorus. There’s also Brightwells line of products.
For the sodium nitrate I make my own solution with this calculator. I use the potassium nitrate number then multiply by .84
9EF3A5C3-722F-45DC-A394-EB9136F3318F.png
A52E9082-B4DD-4022-BE7A-839CE37ED6E4.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top