HELP!! Major stress event. Power out for 42 hours

Ryan's.Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
Location
Northfield
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so my power was out for 42 hours straight, no lights, no flow, no heating!! The tank, at its coldest temperature was 71.4 Fahrenheit. Mostly everything seemed to have recovered fine EXCEPT for GSP (Green Starry Polyp) soft coral. I would figure that this would be the most resilient in my troop. It’s been about 3-4 days now with light cycle back on, stable temperature, and same amount of flow as to before the power tripped… but still not showing any signs of polyps opening. Should I give up on this? Or does anyone think that it could make a comeback, if so how long?

IMG_7875.jpeg IMG_7874.jpeg
 
Oh man, how stressful! In my experience, GSP is very hardy and also prone to polyps closing for days at a time. I once had it happen for over a week for no apparent reason. I am hoping yours will be back to normal before long. From the pics, other than the polyps being closed, it looks health to me. Good luck!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top