Help me figure out what’s wrong with my sick fish

Scott1357

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello anyone! I have A new 60 gallon saltwater aquarium. Water parameters are good, nitrates are a tad bit high. I have three damsels to start. They have been in the tank for two weeks. One has developed what looks like a salt on his fins. He is still very active and eating well, I noticed it 48 hours ago. I’m trying to trap him now because netting him is about impossible. I will try and post a pic for anyone who is willing to possibly give me some advice. Thanks in advance to someone!
 
Welcome to R2R! Lots of kind and helpful people here.
If you can count them and they are large like grainy salt it's probably Ich; if there are too many to count and they are fine like sugar it's probably velvet. With Ich you have time to slowly ramp up copper to treat the parasite; with velvet time is your enemy and you need to ramp up the copper ASAP.
So posting a picture can really help us all to advise.
Here's a link to a posting by @melypr1985 of pictures of various parasites and diseased fish. It's important because you can see your fish far better than we can.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fish-disease-index-pictorial-guide.285708/#post-3473098
 
Welcome to R2R, great place, great people, and tons of great info!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top