help me ID an cell that's taking over my tank!

Cnidoblast

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2017
Messages
532
Reaction score
286
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the poor microscope image but I hope it's enough to get an I.D

This is causing huge swatches of brown sludge that bothers coral
 
20190725_102010.jpg
 
Forgot to mention they also appear to be flagellated!!!
 
prorocentrum dinos :-(

This is causing huge swatches of brown sludge that bothers coral
where the brown mucus mats attach to coral tissue, the coral tissue often doesn't live very long.
 
I've been treating tank with metroplex according to instructions on back - second dose of metronidazole was given today

Hope it kills them
 
Turns out these things make a nasty toxin

Hope it doesn't wipe out whole frag system!
 
Turns out these things make a nasty toxin

Hope it doesn't wipe out whole frag system!
In theory the toxin from these guys ought to be mitigated by GAC, but if they are attaching directly to a coral, it doesn't really matter how much carbon you run.
 
Not responding to drug treatment!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tank is pretty mutch dead at this point..... Thanks for the id @taricha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top