Help Me I'm Dying !!! (Goniopora coral)

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjrudy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Generally it's feeding with these but it's obviously been feeding fu
for the last 3 years.

What changes have you made in the last few months?

Think back 4-6 months.

Any new or changed foods? Increased skimming?
Changed filtration?
Started using carbon etc?
Started using filter socks?

How about your t5 tubes, when did you last change them? Have you changed bulb type?
 
Not even sure how I would frag it, can put a dremel under water .....lol

Depending how deep but,... I've used a drill with a long masonry bit (15 inches or so) as to not submerge the drill... first I used it to drill holes for frag plugs, then after a few rocks done outside of the tank, it split the rock on accident. ....then a while later when I ran out of plugs....and I hate plugs... I figured use the drill and use the rock breakin to your advantage and I split up a rock pretty good then used a hammer to bust it down further for the cutest Lil rocks to attach frags for sale :) now if and when u try and I hope it doesn't come down to that, drilling underwater will cloud the tank for a Lil while with the dust produced from drilling the rock, but that won't hurt anything... maybe change filter mats/socks/floss whatever your using for particulate. .. drill a few holes then some more in the shape or pattern to only remove what u want , then some more until u get it to separate . Good luck man. That's obviously the last resort. I hope u can save it, it's so gorgeous! :(
 
Well its almost completely closed up now.







Over the weekend I did a water change, rechecked all parameters, lowered my alk by .5 and tried spot feeding. Nothing worked. May be too late to try removing it.​​
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top