Help me pick a personable fish for my nano

Looks like molly miller vs combtooth blenny now lol
 
I had him in my 1st tank. 36g bowfront he was the star. The main cat. The koolio dude. He had little antenna and would look u right in the eyes. lol His eyes would shift back and forth as he perched. Lol. Its like what are u looking at?!

He also wouldn't mind scrapping your arm though either lol. Scared the heck out of me every time.
He had comb teeth though like a whale.
Still scared me 1st tank and all. Lol.
He didn't eat at 1st but started to eat brine even ect.
They get a little bigger like 4".
D
 
Mine looked just like this 1. Like a little eel. Lol. You really can't go wrong all the blennys are gonna have some personality just need the right fit for ur tank and inhabitants and u yes lol.
D
 

Attachments

  • blackcombtooth_1600x.jpg
    blackcombtooth_1600x.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 42
Looks like a blennies have personality. Are there any more personable fish for a 20g. Let's keep on discussing.
 
cool I just got mine
He is a bit shy now but I think he will warm up to me soon!!
 
Was gonna suggest a neon dottyback until I seen you had sexy shrimp. Mine murdered my sexy shrimp. My dottyback reminds me a lot of a dog. Always sniffing around the tank and they seem very intelligent.
 
Its okay it is just a shrimp, right? Why to give up such a personable fish to some shrimps that do nothing.
 
How is your neon dottyback personable
 
Its okay it is just a shrimp, right? Why to give up such a personable fish to some shrimps that do nothing.
Ah, I think those are the words of someone who's never had the pleasure of owning a group of sexy shrimp. They bob around their favourite anemone (or gorgonian at night), and are some of the few shrimp that are diurnal and stay in full view, all the time. They're best suited to tanks smaller than 20g because of their small size, though.

I had a group of four sexy shrimp in my Evo 13.5, which they shared with a pair of orchid dottybacks and a mandarin. No conflicts.
 
Mine flee just at the sight of any human including me. They don't even come out from their hiding spot, just for food lol. Maybe yours are bolder. They are beautiful though IMO
 
What about pink-streak or possum wrasse? Even six-line, adorned, canary or tail-spot wrasses could work, but these will get bigger and could get aggressive. :) I have adorned wrasse and its a best fish ever. Beatiful, helping with pests and sneaking around tank all the time. But you will need a sand bed for him to sleep. I also have lawnmover blenny and this guy is also cool with a great personality, but not as active as the wrasse.
 
This forktail blenny is very active. social, comes to the glass for feeding, not spooky at all, and adds nice color. The blue doesn’t come through quite as nicely in this photo, but it’s pretty. It is a fang blenny, so it is venomous, but so far not aggressive.
ACB593E9-8DB1-438B-BEEF-F889859AC57E.jpeg
 
Currently local laws ban me from keeping venomous fish so unfortunately I would have to give up on the fang blennies.... As for pink streaked, they are extremely hard to find
 
Hello all. I am quite new to this forum. I currently have a red sea Max Nano and my stocking list includes-
2 ocellaris clown fish
1 yellow clown goby
1 candy basslet
I am looking for a personable and dog-like fish so that it can bond with me. It will be my final fish in the tank. I am leaning towards the starry blenny but I am equally open to more suggestions.

Thank you for your help
I just got an Awesome starry Blenny!!! Love the dude…and he has come to love me
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top