Help! My Anemone got stuck and tore in half

That is a sand bed anemone. It go walking because it is not happy, and got hurt by the intake.
Your anemone, M. doreensis, needs low flow, deep sand and moderate light (low SPS level light) and good, stable water.
you need to keep it happy, guard your intake will not solve your problem

Good luck with your anemone. I hope he recover.
 
A few years ago I sold a massive carpet anemone . When the guy purchasing it showed up he wanted to remove the anemone and thought he was the professional at removing them he tore it in half and later expected a discount

to recover I was advised to dip the anemone in iodide
Did your nem make it?
 
What kind of carpet was it? Most carpet rarely survive fraging, less than 50% anyway. You’re survived which is great. Do you still have them?
What did you finally do with them?
Please excuse my curiosity. I am just really interested in anemone reproduction.
 
salad that tank crashed 2 years after in the winter .
I moved the setup to a new home which it was -38°c that day
By the time I had everything back in the tank and running the temp dropped too much and killed all of my livestock

I do feel seeing as it was 2 years since fragging and it was completely grown back in to a complete circle with a oral mouth In the centre of the disk
I feel it would have lived

I believe I might have pictures in my build thread of the previous tanks ….
 
salad that tank crashed 2 years after in the winter .
I moved the setup to a new home which it was -38°c that day
By the time I had everything back in the tank and running the temp dropped too much and killed all of my livestock

I do feel seeing as it was 2 years since fragging and it was completely grown back in to a complete circle with a oral mouth In the centre of the disk
I feel it would have lived

I believe I might have pictures in my build thread of the previous tanks ….
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top