HELP: New Clownfish mouth opening and closing

  • Thread starter Thread starter kruler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

kruler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
83
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a pair of adult clowns yesterday. They went into a small temporary observation tank with good rock and the following parameters:

Salinity = 1.024
Ph = 8.2
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 5

There are corals in this tank and all look happy including a colony of acropora.

The clowns came out of a breeding system with about 8 other pairs that all looked healthy. The salinity in that system was low around 1.020 so I drip acclimated slowly.

The affected clown ate some pellets right shortly after going in the new tank. Today when I came home from work he was swimming right on the bottom of the tank and his mouth was opening and closing rapidly. He shows no interest in food. The female seems fine and ate brine shrimp today although not with the gusto you usually see with clowns.

Video attached. If this is just stress from the move I don’t want to further stress him by dipping, etc. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2393.MOV
    9.4 MB
I'm not seeing anything from the video
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top