Help pls identify this brown stuff in fowlr tank

zerofighter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone able to identify this brown stuff covering my liverock?

 
Welcome to R2R!

#reefsquad, any thoughts? Does not look like algae. The videos are a bit short. Maybe post a longer one. By the time I zoom in it is over.


 
I do not think it is an algae either. I have seen this in new started aquaria and in my sump. Do not know exactly what it is - probably some sort of animals. I think that some hermits will fix it.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Kinda just looks like detritus settling on aged rocks to me.Does it come of with a brush easily?
 
Will try to post a longer video later in the night. My tank has been around for about 3 years and recently I discovered such stuff covering the rocks. No idea what are they and yes they do come out easily by either rubbing my fingers on them or by using a brush.
 
Do you use an organic carbon method? I do not think it is detritus. I'm think it is living but I do not know what.

Sincerely Lasse
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top