Help Red Sea Max S 500 UV how to install UV??

BcMillwright

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers . Anyone know how too plumb in a uv on this system. Running the new Red Sea tsk 600 skimmer and bio cubes , charcoal. Any suggestions for equipment and HOW TO please.
I’m from Canada eh!
 
Hello Reefers . Anyone know how too plumb in a uv on this system. Running the new Red Sea tsk 600 skimmer and bio cubes , charcoal. Any suggestions for equipment and HOW TO please.
I’m from Canada eh!

Hello

My S-400 is pretty much maxed out, but not pushing a UV unit.

I'd buy the Teco TK2000 chiller / heater for a S-500, should be able to plumb it at the end of your manifold and will fit under your power center. It's like investing in an insurance policy if your homes central air and heat goes out.

Go down into this thread

and ask @SPR1968 (Shaun) for his incite on the UV, he'd be glad to help.
 
I have a 20w DD unit installed vertically at the back of my sump, it’s reasonably small for a UV-C and very well made and easy to maintain and you just need a small pump. I have an Eheim 1000 compact set to about 3/4 power. I have the S650 so it has got a slightly bigger sump but you should be fine.


Get the most powerful unit you can find and that will fit, otherwise it won’t be effective

Welcome to R2R as well!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top