ok here is the details.
so when I set up the power usage alarm for one of my heaters I followed the instructions and let the device be monitored for a minimum of 24 hours, it was more like 72 hours.
when I first set up the power usage alarms I used the default values that the apex provided for this aqueon heater 300w heater, which was a min of 0 and a max of 203. according to that watts graph above, this would be correct. and the instructions said that the apex would pic the best from me based on its monitoring of the device usage so i trusted it / did not question it.
yesterday I got several alarms that read.
2021-03-02 11:26:23 NEW-HEATER W is greater than 203 (320)
2021-03-02 11:27:42 NEW-HEATER W is greater than 203 (324)
2021-03-02 11:29:10 NEW-HEATER W is greater than 203 (321)
I have been playing with the alarms off and on because not knowing what I'm looking at, they got on my nerves and I turned them off. but turned them back on a few days ago or before 3-02-21 , the above mention errors have not returned as of 3-3-21
so today I went into the power usage alarm settings to look at the max power setting. it has changed from 203 to 501, I did not make this change. can some please explain to me what is happening here, according to the graph this heater has been in the 300 plus range for some time?
I'm still new to the apex, so I'm a bit confused as to why the power usage on my heater went from a steady "under 200" from 1-28-21 to 2-23-21 in the beginning, to a steady "over 300" from 2-23-21 to 3-3-21. this heater is located in my refugium under my cheato or has the cheato has grown on top of it