Help! Water parameters are getting me frustrated…

Just had my water tested (no I haven’t been able to buy test kits yet unfortunately lol)

Salinity: 1.025
No3: 7.5
Po4: 0.18
Ca: 450
Alk: 11.5
Mg: 1350

also just did a water change and changed the sock :)
I also put on a hydro rotating water deflector
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 40
Just had my water tested (no I haven’t been able to buy test kits yet unfortunately lol)

Salinity: 1.025
No3: 7.5
Po4: 0.18
Ca: 450
Alk: 11.5
Mg: 1350

also just did a water change and changed the sock :)
What salt are you using ?
Alk seams a little high
 
LFS Saltwater. Said it tests at 8 when made but not entirely sure what’s going on. Working on being able to make my own water but can’t at the moment.
Something seams weird. .
If it mixes at 8dkh why is it 11.5?
Are you adding any supplement or additive to the tank unaware of its impact ?

blind dosing of anything ?
 
Something seams weird. .
If it mixes at 8dkh why is it 11.5?
Are you adding any supplement or additive to the tank unaware of its impact ?

blind dosing of anything ?
Nope, not dosing anything. I’m wondering if the Alk was high with the water we were getting at a different store before. We switched to the current stores water about a month ago. And it’s been going down recently but SO slowly.
We tried reef fuel in the past but that was a couple months ago and not for long.
 
Nope, not dosing anything. I’m wondering if the Alk was high with the water we were getting at a different store before. We switched to the current stores water about a month ago. And it’s been going down recently but SO slowly.
We tried reef fuel in the past but that was a couple months ago and not for long.
Maybe this will help make sense ….

I have a 230 gal .
Alkalinity is 7.5 dkh
Salinity is 1.025
Nitrates are 5ppm
Phos 0.04 ppm
Alkalinity never goes up but the only difference is I makeMy own water with the same alt mix every time .
mixed to the same salinity so I know every parameter is where I want it
Making your own water gives you this much more control . Which also makes everything 1000x easier .
I’m baffled how your water mixes ar lower but the tank alkalinity is 11.5
 
Maybe this will help make sense ….

I have a 230 gal .
Alkalinity is 7.5 dkh
Salinity is 1.025
Nitrates are 5ppm
Phos 0.04 ppm
Alkalinity never goes up but the only difference is I makeMy own water with the same alt mix every time .
mixed to the same salinity so I know every parameter is where I want it
Making your own water gives you this much more control . Which also makes everything 1000x easier .
I’m baffled how your water mixes ar lower but the tank alkalinity is 11.5
Also not sure how this is happening :/ Working on getting test kits and making our own water. Things are looking better in the tank lately though :) Pink Goni still aren’t stretching out much though :/
 
Some substrate or rock can raise alk right? Any crushed coral in the tank or anything like that? Man made rock?
No crushed coral.. we used all live rock.. a little bit of the rock was added later. Idk if it’s the water from the previous store, rock idk.. it’s coming down though just very slowly
 
Can you recommend one for 92 gallon tank?
Sure. Spectra Pure or BRS.

I’ll post a link for a BRS unit.

This is a great option. Never skimp on your water quality. :-) Worth the investment!

 
Or…minimal. I got this one in a pinch and now need to upgrade. Sometimes even when you are getting zero TDS, other things can still make it through. So buying the above is the better option. More filtered.


 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top