Help!! What’s happening and why?! With my frogspawn

  • Thread starter Thread starter subzero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

subzero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
119
Reaction score
51
Location
Scottsdale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five heads from the whole colony began receding. I don’t see anything on them. The rest of the heads look OK. I dose calcium, alk, (tests are within normal limits for NSW). Temp is fine, I also dose trace elements. Everything else in the tank looks good. They were all bought from the same guy at the same time 4-5 months ago (very healthy tank) and nothing new has been added since 6 months ago


image.jpg
B5D693C3-EBBB-45AB-AB9D-F84A9CEF1360.jpeg
B323DFA3-3529-432C-83D8-D69DA955D163.jpeg
D9905676-D07F-4A3F-B28E-3DE13DCCFB34.jpeg
 
looks lke you may have pest you can see the small whiskers cant member the name starts with a H i think.. i
B323DFA3-3529-432C-83D8-D69DA955D163.jpeg
 
hydroid that's the word
 
Looks like hydroids or maybe vermetids. But posting your actual parameters would be helpful, saying that they’re ‘in range’ doesn’t really tell us anything or help us to troubleshoot.
 
Potentially boring spionid worms? hard to see the side where those filaments are coming out, but if so it would explain the polyp recession. they will kill heads
 
How to get rid of hydroids ?
if its on coral an yes these are quite regular in euphyllia when they get big as they provide the shade hydroids love I used to take the coral an scrape on waterchange day rinse an put back very easy to control.
 
298DFBC1-CC96-4E2B-9327-BE50349EB34A.jpeg
That might be a vermetid snail and that could be what the stringy stuff that’s on top of that head is from. But those whisker like things near near the top might be those spooned worms that Wasabiroot mentioned. I don’t know much about those though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top