Help With Injury On Mystery Wrasse

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
1,356
Location
MT Juliet, Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little Malcolm was fine yesterday. Eating like a champ. Today I am home, he is acting strange, not eating, not being his normal idiot self. On closer inspection i see damage on his pectoral fin on one side and them a couple of grey blemishes on the other side. I am pretty sure its not a disease. All other fish fine, water good. The side where he has the pectoral fin damage i did catch him a couple of time try and rub that against a rock.

My thought at either the Tang or the Anthias have taken a swipe. More likely the Tang as they often bicker! My wife things either a pistol shrimp or a big Mithrax crab I have! Just wondering what you guys think and anything I can do?

You see the gray abrasions on his left flank as you look at him in this first picture.

DSC_1376.jpg


DSC_1414.jpg


DSC_1413.jpg


DSC_1410.jpg


DSC_1409.jpg


DSC_1399.jpg


DSC_1394.jpg


DSC_1384.jpg
 
I you suspect injury i would just observe for now. Get qt ready in case it turns into an infection.
 
Hard to tell in pics. That is a cool fish. hope he is just dinged up-that will heal.
 
Saltwater fish in general heal quickly. Melafix will help healing and protect skin
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top