Help with what order to add the livestock.

Ironclad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
17
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for suggestions on what order I should add the livestock that I am planning on putting in my 90-gallon tank. My tank will be a LPS/softy tank. My livestock list is:

Pair of clownfish
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Royal Gramma
Melanarus Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
Orange Spotted Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair
Mandarin Fish
1 or 2 of the Smaller tangs such as Tomini or Bristletooth

I know for sure that I am going to add the clownfish pair first and the mandarin fish last, once I've built up a sufficient pod population. Other than that, I'm at somewhat of a loss on when to add what. Should I add each fish separately or in groups? I understand that I should add the wrasse at the same time and probably the tangs at the same time as well. I also know that I shouldn't add too much at once in order for the tank to have time to acclimate to the increase in bioload. However, how long should I wait? In what order should I add the fish? Thank you for your input!!
 
I am looking for suggestions on what order I should add the livestock that I am planning on putting in my 90-gallon tank. My tank will be a LPS/softy tank. My livestock list is:

Pair of clownfish
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Royal Gramma
Melanarus Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
Orange Spotted Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair
Mandarin Fish
1 or 2 of the Smaller tangs such as Tomini or Bristletooth

I know for sure that I am going to add the clownfish pair first and the mandarin fish last, once I've built up a sufficient pod population. Other than that, I'm at somewhat of a loss on when to add what. Should I add each fish separately or in groups? I understand that I should add the wrasse at the same time and probably the tangs at the same time as well. I also know that I shouldn't add too much at once in order for the tank to have time to acclimate to the increase in bioload. However, how long should I wait? In what order should I add the fish? Thank you for your input!!
I would add the clown pair first, I always do. Never had a problem. But the pistol shrimp is going to be a meal for a hawkfish, they prey on any kind of shirmps. Its usually an either or with them! I would then add the midas, goby, royal gramma, wrasse at the same time and then tangs at the same time! Wait at least 9 months for the mandarin and be prepared to dose pods often! I love my pistol/watchmen pair so I personally would pass on the hawkfish to have that pair
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top