Hey guys, is this enough par or should I add a second light?

rennjidk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2022
Messages
810
Reaction score
679
Location
usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about growing some GSP.

20231226_163323.jpg
20231226_164444.jpg
 
I'm thinking about growing some GSP.

20231226_163323.jpg
20231226_164444.jpg
Light looks bright enough but best way to determine is with a PAR meter rather than appearance to the eye but dont see an issue with light deficiency
 
ummm I think maybe some missed it lol.
a500x with the narrow reflector on a 10g should be fine for gsp .
Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's a 20 gallon, sir. Let's not be ridiculous.

In all seriousness, the prime that I had on before was leaving the ends a little too dark (24" tank), and I had the kessil laying around, so I figured why not? Lol. I knew it would be a lot, but I was still shocked to see 3500 PAR at the top of the arch.

Atleast the light should last a long time running on like 4% power.
 
Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's a 20 gallon, sir. Let's not be ridiculous.

In all seriousness, the prime that I had on before was leaving the ends a little too dark (24" tank), and I had the kessil laying around, so I figured why not? Lol. I knew it would be a lot, but I was still shocked to see 3500 PAR at the top of the arch.

Atleast the light should last a long time running on like 4% power.
Are you saying you have 3500 par. That doesn't sound right.
 
That's what the meter says. It's a very powerful light made for 4ft tall tanks on top of a 13" one.
I would check with another meter. You would cook any coral with that much par. Usually par is in Hundreds not Thousands. Maybe that number needs a conversion I'm not sure.
 
I would check with another meter. You would cook any coral with that much par. Usually par is in Hundreds not Thousands. Maybe that number needs a conversion I'm not sure.
naw its probably right. That light is a laser cannon. Probably take off the narrow beam reflector get a lot of light spill but cut the par in to a third.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top