Hey parents....ever woke up to something like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lol. First I wanna say that I'm sorry and I hope everything turns out alright.
But take a step back and look at the photo again......[emoji23] how in the world??! Lol, is that a curtain??!! Haha. Did somebody say something about a soap dispenser? I'm in tears laughing at what kids are capable of without knowing what they are doing and your tank has walmart in it.

Ok, I really wish you the best and I'll subscribe to this to see how things are going. Keep us posted please.
 
There was everything in there from fresh water black gravel(which is still in there) to a hammer and screw driver to q-tips, measuring cups, an air pump, dosing chemicals(still sealed thank god) to everything else in the area.

I think I dodged the bullet and all levels seem to be good except SG which is now at 1.024 and it's normally at 1.025. Looks like when stuff was put in it just redirected water flow and stirred a lot up. It's clearing up slowly. Already had to empty the skimmer cup once, clean the skimmer bubble trap and in few going to clean the filter sponge.

I do have a BRS screen top but haven't been using it for the past year since all I have fish wise is just a blue/green Mandrin. Looks like it's going back on. Lesson learned now.
 
Almost cleared up.
All the black on the bottom is the black fresh water gravel and yea it's going to stay there til this week when I do my water change.
image.jpeg
 
I am so glad that you rescued the tank, and I am laughing at some of the come backs
Post #9 perfect
Post # 18 you are a good person
Lol. First I wanna say that I'm sorry and I hope everything turns out alright.
But take a step back and look at the photo again......[emoji23] how in the world??! Lol, is that a curtain??!! Haha. Did somebody say something about a soap dispenser? I'm in tears laughing at what kids are capable of without knowing what they are doing and your tank has walmart in it.

Ok, I really wish you the best and I'll subscribe to this to see how things are going. Keep us posted please.

Thank for the thread post and also for having such great patients with the little one.
 
There was everything in there from fresh water black gravel(which is still in there) to a hammer and screw driver to q-tips, measuring cups, an air pump, dosing chemicals(still sealed thank god) to everything else in the area.

I think I dodged the bullet and all levels seem to be good except SG which is now at 1.024 and it's normally at 1.025. Looks like when stuff was put in it just redirected water flow and stirred a lot up. It's clearing up slowly. Already had to empty the skimmer cup once, clean the skimmer bubble trap and in few going to clean the filter sponge.

I do have a BRS screen top but haven't been using it for the past year since all I have fish wise is just a blue/green Mandrin. Looks like it's going back on. Lesson learned now.
Glad your getting it back to normal and nothing serious is going on.
Sorry to laugh so much at such a disaster to wake up to but it just blew my mind at what I saw. It was so much that at first glance I thought that it was a joke. I had no idea you could fit all that stuff into a tank.
Wish you the best and that you have no spikes. The question tips part is pretty funny as well.
I mean no harm by laughing but.......kids, I have none but I do have a little sister who went into my parents bathroom and drew all over the marble counters with sharpies and lipstick and she opened her eyes wide at said very loudly "I'm gonna clean it up"
 
Oh man just wait they figure out how to get past the tops. Mine dropped a hole pack of wet wipes in the tank cause I said I needed to clean it. Fortunately I was setting up a water change for my big system and had plenty of carbon on hand so the only thing I lost was a zoa colony. Anyway good luck with it and just remember when you have kids carbon is your best friend.
 
Funny you should ask! My 2 year old Grandson watches a kids show that has sink or float experiments. The Wife noticed he had been real quiet for a few minutes and first she thought he had put all his toys away. Nope!
Not only his toys but also the dogs stuffed toys are in the 16g bowfront nano.
IMG_20160212_092618438.jpg

You can see a ticked off clownfish in the lower left!
 
I can't help but to laugh at your laundry list of items that was placed inside the tank. But I am also reluctant to laugh because I have a little girl who will be 1 in 23 days and another baby girl coming in a few months. I would be willing to bet money that I will have a similar story to share in a few years!
 
I once had a bucket of water mixed next to the tank. My daughter awoke before us and decided that the tv screen needed washed off! Lucky for me I enjoy watching the tank as much as the tv since the latter was out of service...
 
I raised 8 kids and the only one to wreak havoc on any of my aquariums ironically is the only one that has interest in the hobby. Luckily your tank's injuries are minor and more importantly your child is safe as well :D Gotta love 'em!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top