Hi any id on this little guy

Not sure it's a sea spider. They only have 4 legs per side and I'm seeing 5 on this guy.
 
Sorry only got an old samsung 6 for pics the front legs are pinchers
My point being 5 "legs" vs 4, whether they're pincers or not. I still think it's a crab. If you look at sea spider pics they all seem to have 4 legs on a side, including the ones around the mouth. JMHO. Other than porcelain crabs and dwarf hermits, I'm not a big fan of any crustacean in my tank.
 
I would remove all unknown crabs to be safe. Crabs are awesome, but they're also opportunistic as all heck.

All crabs will take a swipe at fish when they get big enough. Porcelean crabs are known to try it. Emerald crabs sometimes eat corals. Etc, etc, etc.

No crab is guaranteed safe, and if it's a hitchhiker, the odds are even higher that it's unwanted.

but no sense killing it. Just throw him in the sump. When it's out of harms way he'll be doing a service for your system overall.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top