Hi guys! Question about the Atlantik and viewing angle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2015
Messages
10,333
Reaction score
9,516
Location
Central Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have a color issue and looking for a solution.
I have the Atlantik compact v2 and a bowfront tank.
My issue is coral color viewing from the front verses the top.
The colors look blah from the front but amazing looking from the top.
Is it how we perceive led spectrum from different angles?

Is there a correction I can do to see the same color from the front of the tank?
The fish don't like me standing over it to observe the real colors of my coral.
Thanks team Orphek!
 
The top down view is always one of the bests in our opinion. This has nothing to do with what type of lighting is used and there are many products to help you see in your tank from the top. These Lookdown boxes are available from many companies and are always good to have around.

Thanks for the question.
 
Thanks guys for the response but what can I do to bring the colors out viewing from the front?
Or is this just "a fact of led lighting"
 
It's not a factor of LED lighting. In general, all tanks look better when veiwed from the top down. There are many threads about top down viewing.

Keeping your glass clean and your water clear will help you to be able to view the colors better. You can also run your lighting at a higher intensity which will help as well but you need to ensure that you don't overdue it.
 
Thanks!
Can I push channel 2 a little more?
Here are my current settings Screenshot_2015-07-30-07-21-15.jpg Screenshot_2015-07-30-07-21-15.jpg Screenshot_2015-07-30-07-21-12.jpg Screenshot_2015-07-30-07-21-09.jpg Screenshot_2015-07-30-07-21-03.jpg

I have sps at the top about 16" from the fixture
 
If you unit is a v2 with Channel 2 as all blues then yes, you can run it higher. All the way to 100%
 
I have read recently, and I think it was someone with Orphek, that the fixture can be tilted so as to illuminate from a more forward angle. I suppose this might change the orientation of growth tips and color as viewed from the front over time.

Is this true @Orphek?
 
Also can you review my lighting intensities for my 46g tank?
Does a person want to bring it up a little more?
 
Was waiting for a response before I shared my own schedule for comparisons sake, but...

In my complete ignorance, and following Scott's lead only, my own goal is 100% on every channel, especially 3 & 4. I may not make it with ch 1 however.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439305607.017846.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439305631.311225.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439305644.347522.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439305655.429810.jpg
 
I've been struggling with coral color myself. All peramiters are in check as far as water quality but coral seems washed out. Using 2 atlantik v2 running ch 1- 72 ch 2-82 ch 3-10 ch 4-8. Anytime I raise ch 3 my corals immediately start bleaching. Anyone else have this issue or worked through a similar problem?
 
I've been struggling with coral color myself. All peramiters are in check as far as water quality but coral seems washed out. Using 2 atlantik v2 running ch 1- 72 ch 2-82 ch 3-10 ch 4-8. Anytime I raise ch 3 my corals immediately start bleaching. Anyone else have this issue or worked through a similar problem?
How long have you had this running?
My colors of my coral are perfect viewing from the top but blah from the front.
Here is my settings
Screenshot_2015-08-31-07-40-18.jpg Screenshot_2015-08-31-07-40-13.jpg Screenshot_2015-08-31-07-32-07.jpg Screenshot_2015-08-31-07-15-11.jpg
 
On and welcome to R2R! :-)
I hope you enjoy it here
 
I wish I could get to your intensities. I've had them for close to a year. Tank has taken a while to cycle but since it has really stabilized I started contributing the lack of color to the lights. My red monti all but turns white when I raise ch 3 even by 3-5%.
 
I wish I could get to your intensities. I've had them for close to a year. Tank has taken a while to cycle but since it has really stabilized I started contributing the lack of color to the lights. My red monti all but turns white when I raise ch 3 even by 3-5%.
How big is your tank?
With 2 v2's have you tried to bring channel 1 down some?
If I push channel 1 too high I get some washing of my coral.
 
It's only a 90g. Originally they were over my 125g for a short period before I moved last year. I briefly tried lowering 1 and upping 3 but seemed to have an adverse affect. The whiter day light look is what I like so I hate to drop it to far. Coral extension and is average to good just color is the issue. Growth has been excellent.
 
Ya I can see it now.
2 V2 lights on 90g is a ton of UV so keeping 3 and 4 down is helpful.
Might want to contact James with Orphek
Also are you keeping the nutrients available for the zooxanthellae to shade?
 
I haven't been dosing anything just regular water changes. Nitrate and phosphate both zero. Only other thing I can think is maybe water is to clean. Thanks for all the insite twil
 
Yup yup!
Keep that no3 and trace po4 going :-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top