High Silicon in my RO/DI Water

NDIrish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2019
Messages
590
Reaction score
755
Location
Jackson, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help to get my silicon in my RO/DI down. It was 5294 ug/l from my test results.
I have a silicate buster as the last filter on my unit.
Also need lower it in my tank, 370.4 ug/l. Have some ugliest in my tank I believe is from my silicon being high.
N03 is 4.14, P04 is .04.

Thanks
 
Need help to get my silicon in my RO/DI down. It was 5294 ug/l from my test results.
I have a silicate buster as the last filter on my unit.
Also need lower it in my tank, 370.4 ug/l. Have some ugliest in my tank I believe is from my silicon being high.
N03 is 4.14, P04 is .04.

Thanks
Where's the silicone coming from?
 
Don't know. That's what i'm asking for help. Everything else in my RO/DI water tested 0.
I'm assuming what showed up in my tank is coming from my RO/DI.

How many DI stages do you use?

What type?

Do you change when you start registering 1 TDS out? Silicone is going to be one of the weaker bound ions bound by DI, so it will be one of the first to bleed back into your product water.
 
Don't understand what your asking, sorry.

How strong of a flow is going through your DI stages. Is it a trickle or steady stream.

Another thing that could be the cause is if your not giving the water enough contact time through the resin.
 
I have one. It checks the input and output.

Running separate beds you should check after each stage anything missed by the first stage will never get pulled out from the second when running mixed. That's why a third stage of a mixed bed is needed.

The third stage should solve your issue, if your tap water is high in silica you may want to consider a specialized cartridge for silica absorbance. Either way separate beds followed by a mixed should correct your issue.

What manufacturer of resin are you using? I noticed you mentioned 'silica buster' which is not a separate bed but a mixed bed cartridge from Spectrapure. Are you using the silica buster or true separate resin beds?
 
If your counting my silicate buster has one of may resins, then yes.
I thought silicate buster was different..
 

That one correct? Or a variety of it, doesn't matter.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top