hitch hiker on snail---what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Muir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Muir

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the name of this hitch hiker? Should I remove this creature from my tank?

IMG_20190111_094738637.jpg
 
So let me clarify: The little tiny purple grape looking dude on the snail shell is an baby Astrea snail?
 
So let me clarify: The little tiny purple grape looking dude on the snail shell is an baby Astrea snail?
Oh I'm so sorry I totally skipped right over your title in excitement of being able to finally answer a hitchhiker ID of something that I knew haha
 
I have searched this site (R2R)...and could the little purple dude be a Vermedit Snail hitch hiking on my big Astrea snail?
 
I have searched this site (R2R)...and could the little purple dude be a Vermedit Snail hitch hiking on my big Astrea snail?

Can not tell by the picture but I have seen them on snails before.
Scrape it off if you are not sure what it is..
 
Vermatid Snail. Not a good guy, but not the worst. Best to scrape off or glue the mouth shut
 
Thank you both...I scrapped him off and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for relatives!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top