Hitchhiker anemone? Not aiptasia

fox0521

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
80
Location
Grand Rapids
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found one of these on a rock I got from LFS. Didn’t think much of it, now after 4 months there’s 2. They’re about the size of a small zoa polyp.
ID?

4426E5D9-093A-437C-A7CA-116A413F92E1.jpeg
 
My opinion? Safest way is take the rock out, grab a pair of pliers and cut the rock from under it taking the majano out.

If not, maybe aptasia x would work
 
I’ve never had them but most Aiptasia solutions should work.

As far as Aiptasia control goes, F-Aiptasia has been my favorite product. Gets them every time and I haven’t had any big spreading events. Just rinse water through the syringe and wipe off the stirrer with a paper towel to be able to reuse it in the future.
Personally, I prefer solutions to problems that don’t require removing or breaking up my rock.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top