Hitchhiker Flame Scallop... how has it stayed alive so long?!

atlantean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2020
Messages
244
Reaction score
259
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a little flame scallop wedged in a hole of my live rock. He has to have been living in my 20 gallon tank for 9 months. All I can say is, "What on earth?!" Maybe I should get another?
 
Last edited:
I found a little flame scallop wedged in a hole of my live rock. He has to have been living in my 20 gallon tank for 9 months. All I can say is, "What on earth?!" Maybe I should get another?
Maybe something like other clams. Where smaller ones do better or vice versa. Also with the right feeding/environment. IDK never owned flame scallop.
 
I also have what seem to be little jewel box clams reproducing around the tank. There must be some sort of consistent planktonic food. I wouldn’t think there would be enough natural food in a 20 gallon tank though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top