Hitchhiker From Tampa Bay Area

DeepBrew

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
396
Reaction score
394
Location
Chattanooga, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some live rock at the LFS a while back that looks like it came from the Tampa Bay area. There are a couple corals on it that are doing well and I'd like some ID help.

First is this little brain, it's less than an inch across but it seems happy with feeders extended a lot these days:
P1010211.JPG
Next is this encrusting coral of some sort. For the longest time it didn't seem to grow but it's starting to spread and looks a lot more fuzzy lately:
P1010212.JPG
Thanks for your help!
 
First picture looks like a Mussa angulosa given its from TBS.The second might be some type of brain from looking at the polyp skeleton structure.
 
First picture looks like a Mussa angulosa given its from TBS.The second might be some type of brain from looking at the polyp skeleton structure.

Thanks, it does look very similar to a lot of the images of Mussa angulosa I found.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top