HLLE on this Achilles Tang? or brook?

kingkai512

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
89
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,
i've had this guy in .6-.7 copper for about 2 weeks, had an issue with flashing and scratching so i dosed prazipro twice at 3 days apart, now i am seeing these markings on him.
At first i assumed hlle but there are some that arent om his lateral line, so is this brook? i know it can cause some sloghing of the skin due to excess mucus secretion but achilles tangs are thin mucous fish, so is this what it would look like on an achilles?

20190120_231741.jpg


20190120_231744.jpg


20190120_231808.jpg
 
That may be an issue from cuperamine levels being high. Therapeutic level I believe iss .35-.50 and I see you were up near .70. How were you testing for copper?
I’m not saying it isn’t brook because I haven’t seen brook on Tangs that often. Are there marks on his fins also? Hard to tell in the pics
 
Yes one fin looks a little ragged, i know brook can cause brittle fins as well
 
Which kind of copper? .6-.7 is low for chelated, and a bit high for ionic.

It almost looks like secondary bacterial infection from fluke infestation to me but it could easily be brook.

Fish these days have been coming in with 3-4 of these ailments. Since you’ve done prazi I’d do metroplex (treats brook) every 48 hours for 14 days. I use it in conjunction with copper, but I’d have an air stone AND powerhead aimed up to be sure.

I agree that’s not HLLE.
 
so i have metro and this Quick ich X by hikari, never tried metro before but i have had success with brook with the Quick ich X

can i use it with the copper?
what would the dosage instructions be for the metro?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top