HOB filter on side or back of tank?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
5,949
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my quarantine setup for when I get start start getting fish for my 32 gallon Biocube. I put the HOB filter on the side of the tank pushing water toward the power head then the power head should push the water into the front then around to the intake. Is this looking like a good filter/power head duo or should I just put the HOB on the back?

855D3397-1500-45B5-9725-B343D0A0659F.jpeg
 
This is my quarantine setup for when I get start start getting fish for my 32 gallon Biocube. I put the HOB filter on the side of the tank pushing water toward the power head then the power head should push the water into the front then around to the intake. Is this looking like a good filter/power head duo or should I just put the HOB on the back?

855D3397-1500-45B5-9725-B343D0A0659F.jpeg
That's how I have mine as your picture shows. Works well. I would also think about a screen top just in case of jumpers.

Word of caution about to much flow in quarantine. It can add stress if too much. Other than that, your set up should work well.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top