HollaAt ChaReefBoy Red Sea Peninsula 650

Here's a good and easy way to frag zoas without having to chop chop. When I originally planned out my aquascape, part of it was to drill some holes to place frag plugs. As zoas grow and spread outside the frag plugs, all I had to do is remove the original frag plugs and place new ones. Soon, they will be covered with new zoas and I can repeat the whole process.

IMG_20191115_111507_367.jpg


IMG_20191115_111507_368.jpg
 
Here's a good and easy way to frag zoas without having to chop chop. When I originally planned out my aquascape, part of it was to drill some holes to place frag plugs. As zoas grow and spread outside the frag plugs, all I had to do is remove the original frag plugs and place new ones. Soon, they will be covered with new zoas and I can repeat the whole process.

IMG_20191115_111507_367.jpg


IMG_20191115_111507_368.jpg
Zoa gardens always look so nice.
 
My pair of dragon pipefish decided to make Groot their home. Can you spot them? These guys are too cool!

20191118_135013.jpg


20191118_134954.jpg
 
Top down view of my branching cyphastrea, rainbow montipora, slow burning montipora and an unknown green montipora. These guys were just tiny frags and now all fully encrusted and growing into each other. Such beautiful harmony.

IMG_20191125_235918_075.jpg
 
Check out my Goni Groot comparison. One taken at 6 am while still dark outside and in the house. The second pic is when the goni is fully extended during the peak hours of lights being on. The first pic looks like Groot is wearing a hair net/shower cap. Lol!

IMG_20191223_001910_736.jpg


IMG_20191223_001910_740.jpg
 
Episode 12 is up! This past summer my home a/c went out and I had to act quick before my reef in a box gets toasted. This video is overdue as we entered the winter season, however, I finally got around to making a video out of it. BUT, to celebrate the Christmas holiday, my little reefer, Christian, will do a special Christmas performance for you all! In addition to that, new corals and fish were added as well! And last but not least, stay tune to see who will be inducted into the HollaAtChaReefBoy Reefer Hall of Fame! Happy reefing, happy life, and God bless you fellow reefers! Merry Christmas! Holla!

 
Updated top down view of my zoa garden! Apologize for the glare. The shelf on the left side where the utter chaos is, is covering up nicely. The right shelf is completely covered! This by far is my favorite view of my Red Sea Peninsula 650.

IMG_20200107_202703_813.jpg
 
WOW !!! just WOW..
what do you feed to get this kind of growth?
 
Wide angle shot of my Red Sea Peninsula 650 tonight. Groot is happy and protecting his tower of the zoa garden.

IMG_20200119_214630_910.jpg
 
Now how cool is this???!!! Got a shout out by the man, the legend, reefing walking encyclopedia, Marc Levenson with @melevsreef! Check out his YouTube livestream that airs on Saturdays for reef talk. If you have questions, he will go through them and answers them, LIVE! What you will come to love about Marc is he is a positive person and whether you are a beginner or well seasoned reefer, he treats everyone with the same respect. He provides answers to any reefing questions you may have and if he doesn't know the answer, he will be honest to say he doesn't know. So ask away! He also has a FB group called, "Club Melevsreef" where you will find a great community of reefers helping each other. Check it out.

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top