HollaAt ChaReefBoy Red Sea Peninsula 650

Whoo hoo! Episode 13 on "How To Grow & Maintain A Zoa Garden" will go LIVE today at noon (central time)! This is a two part series. In this video, I will talk about flow, lighting, disease, pests, and my parameters. Part 2 I will go over more in-depth look at placements, zoas vs palys, feedings and some DIY zoa frag holders. I will also show all the new fish and corals I got as well as an updated tour of my reef in a box. Enjoy and happy reefing!

 
Last edited:
Full tank shot of my Red Sea Peninsula 650 tonight. One shot under whites and other shot under blues. Both looks good to me.

IMG_1475.jpg


IMG_20200310_200007_028.jpg
 
How about a top down shot of the back of my zoa tower? Not bad for a phone pic from my Samsung Note 10+. Started out as an experiment with different montis and branching cyphastrea and so happy it unified so well. What you think?

IMG_20200312_213931_074.jpg


IMG_20200312_213931_067.jpg
 
Do you mind sharing your lighting schedule and settings?

So I have 3 Radions G4 Pro running the AB+ template at a 70% intensity. Along with 61" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid with 2 Blue Plus and 2 Actinics. The Radions are on from noon to midnight and the T5s are on from 5 pm to 9 pm.
 
So I have 3 Radions G4 Pro running the AB+ template at a 70% intensity. Along with 61" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid with 2 Blue Plus and 2 Actinics. The Radions are on from noon to midnight and the T5s are on from 5 pm to 9 pm.
Thanks for sharing, do you know how far from the water your lights are? I have the same tank with the AI hybrid but with 4x blue plus and 4 x hydra 26
 
With the COVID-19 pandemic happening worldwide, I wanted to share my top few things I'm grateful for. Stay safe out there reefers and may your social distancing game grows strong!











 
Time like this I'm glad I have a reef tank. A great stress reliever. Stay safe and healthy my reefing friends!

 
Trying out the new Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ on my wwc jellybean chalice. No need for 2 separate bottles. Watch the feed reaction on this thing.

 
It only took me a little over 6 months to finally setup the Apex controller. Also setup the inkbird temperature gadget as well. Was just never in a hurry to do so, but now that it's up, man hold up. It's crunk! Here's a tour of the tank and cabinetry displaying the toys.
 
Feeding my reef in a box with the new Red Sea Reef Nutrition AB+ and LRS Fish & Coral Frenzy marinated with Selcon.

 
Raja Rampage Chalice is starting to over grow the frag rock so I decided to make another pillar similar to the zoa pillars.

 
Top down and front view of my torch island. The awesome island is made by @aquarocks1 with a minor modification by me to have it "stand" versus being held up by magnets on the glass. Torches are my favorite euphyllias.

 
Well, look what we have here! I had this gorgeous calcium reactor by @geosreef for over 6 months. Just never got around to setting it up. On top of that, lately @two_little_fishies Reborn was extremly hard to find (no where online) but thanks to my lfs, he had some stored away in his storage. Anyway, I decided to modified the connection between the reactor and pump by making a DIY hard plumping. Got to keep the red and white theme game strong.

IMG_20200507_212253_073.jpg

IMG_20200507_212253_065.jpg

IMG_20200507_212253_080.jpg

IMG_20200507_212253_078.jpg

IMG_20200130_205826_371.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top