Hospital Tank Changed to Reef Tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Chrisz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
354
Reaction score
100
Location
Duluth, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to use my old 20 gallon hospital tank as a frag tank? Can you clean out the tank well enough to put corals in it?
 
I think you are referring to copper residue. Yes with rinsing the tank and possibly running cuprisorb , testing for copper, I believe this is easily achievable.
Did similar myself converting a hospital tank into rodi tank with no ill effects.
 
Copper doesn't "stick" to glass or silicone, so a soak/wash with vinegar and a good rinse is all you need.
 
Yep used Cupramine and Erythromycin ran carbon maybe I will run the cuprisorb
 
Carbon is a weaker absorbent to copper. It will work. As usually we reefers overengeneer a bit.
 
Wash with vinegar or bleach and good to go... it’s really not that serious lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top