How are you removing the algae off your glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deezill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

How are you cleaning the algae off your glass


  • Total voters
    103
  • Poll closed .
I use a plastic paint scraper -- it works well on coraline algae and it floats.
 
For me:

1594229964731.png
 
You know it is a special day when @vetteguy53081 stops by to make a post in your thread :)
Does that have razor attachment? What's the price on that? I was looking for the cheaper option lol.
I used a mag-float with my 150 and it did ok but the green algae stuck to the glass was hard to remove with it.
 
I have paired a Mag Float with a MagSleeve Algae Magnet Inside Sleeve. Using this combo with my drill attachment I have been able to remove a two year build up of coralline algae from my acrylic tank side panels without scratching it.
 
You know it is a special day when @vetteguy53081 stops by to make a post in your thread :)
Does that have razor attachment? What's the price on that? I was looking for the cheaper option lol.
I used a mag-float with my 150 and it did ok but the green algae stuck to the glass was hard to remove with it.
Was over $400.....its for a thick tank.
Although Flipper is one of the good ones, I really liked the Tunze strong ALOT !!!
 
On my 210g acrylic I have the Mighty Magnet along with a couple atachments (bag and coralline scraper). It is fantastic.
On my 40g/20g Magfloat, on my 6g the Flipper nano.

I also use a magic eraser when needed on any tank and a hand scraper for my tanks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top