How big does a zoa have to be to frag?

SombreroBen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
5
Location
San Marcos
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this giant Zoa for $30 a few days ago. How many polyps does a zoa need to have to frag it?

20220912_163948.jpg
 
Zoas are extremely hardy in my experience. You could make a frag out of every head from that if you wanted to. I usually try to get 3 to 4 heads a frag just to speed up growth for each frag.
 
Make sure you do some looking into fragging Zoas. But you can frag each polyp as stated. Getting rid of Zoa's is a challenge though so may not be required because before you know it you will have 100's
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top