How do I connect my MP 40 to Mobius to control it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

CyberGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
254
Location
San Diego, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP 40 that I bought in November 2018. It is wireless quiet drive.

I do not have reef link.

I just downloaded Mobius, installed it, ran it, but it could not find my MP 40. After I named my tank and click next, it then tries to locate devices but it could not find any.

What am I doing wrong?
 
It might not be mobius compatible, you might have to swap the wifi chip with the new chip. From what ive been told everything manufactured from 2018 on is supposed to be compatible. Now that being said my 2019 radion G4s were not without chip upgrades, either were my mp10s QD upgraded in 2018.
 
The app isn't set up for MP40's yet, even if it's brand new you still won't see it.
 
Only the beta will and that requires the correct chip to be in the MP40. Basically, the consumer version of Mobis controls only the new Radion Gen 5 and Versa pumps.
 
Only the beta will and that requires the correct chip to be in the MP40. Basically, the consumer version of Mobis controls only the new Radion Gen 5 and Versa pumps.
So is the Beta version available to the public
 
So I guess I have to wait for the final Mobius version to come out to see if my MP 40 that I bought in November 2018 will work with Mobius.
 
So I guess I have to wait for the final Mobius version to come out to see if my MP 40 that I bought in November 2018 will work with Mobius.
I think so, I have a ReefLink and it shows which devices are Mobius ready.
 
So I guess I have to wait for the final Mobius version to come out to see if my MP 40 that I bought in November 2018 will work with Mobius.

Well, you can open the driver and look if the RF wireless module is black color. Black RF is compatible with Mobius.
 
so I have five brand new xr 30g4 pros Aug. 19 date code and the one that I have opened has a black chip and it will not connect to mobius.
 
I have MP10W’s, pre-2018. Do they even have a chip in them to be upgraded? Assuming mobius gets configured to even drive them.
 
so I have five brand new xr 30g4 pros Aug. 19 date code and the one that I have opened has a black chip and it will not connect to mobius.
I have MP10W’s, pre-2018. Do they even have a chip in them to be upgraded? Assuming mobius gets configured to even drive them.
Regarding lights only G5 are available on Mobius right now, it’s a stepped roll out to deal with any issues easier, pumps were a short while back, lights will be in the very near future.

If your pump is a WES then yes it has a chip, but even if it doesn’t you can add one....if you have a reeflink click the info tab on ESL to see what chip or simply open the controller, it’s 3 screws and then visible so nothing to worry about regarding opening it. I have a 6 year old MP40 upgraded and on Mobius.
 
What do you mean not on the mobius list yet? Is the app slowly being rolled out as a update?

Yes - the “update legacy devices” option is appearing for people in a stepped manor.... I guess it’s to control the amount using it in case of any issues... ie, a friend had it a few weeks before myself. Just boot the app regularly to see.
 
Oops
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top