How do I get my clown to host my BTA

IE Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2020
Messages
406
Reaction score
120
Location
Inland Empire
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my clown since mid or late August and he's been very happy. I've had my BTA for about a month and a 1/2 and I've been wanting for my clown to host him but I've been haveing no luck at all just waiting. Are there any tips to get the clown to host the BTA? Or do I have to keep on waiting?
 
It will happen in time, do you have 2 clowns? If not I would get a 2nd so they can become a mated pair
 
Many tips and tricks online. Overall, I think it is wait. My saddlebacks took to thier nems quickly. My perc took 6 yrs...
 
It will happen in time, do you have 2 clowns? If not I would get a 2nd so they can become a mated pair
Would that increase the chance for them to host the BTA?
 
I used an isolation tank. I put both clowns and the BTA in it for 2 days it took no time at all.
 
I used an isolation tank. I put both clowns and the BTA in it for 2 days it took no time at all.
Dang, I'll look into getting a new one (broke it while dumping water outside)
 
Put the clown and bta is an acclimation box or large fish net. It will figure it out in no time.
 
For me: it was about a year before my clowns noticed the Nem. I did a 3 day black out (fighting Dino’s) and when I uncovered the tank the nem was hosting the clowns... shortly there after the nem split (maybe it was annoyed by the clowns?)

But it was the 3 day black out that finally got My clowns interested. No idea why, And it wasn’t planned but was a pleasant surprise.
AE9D4B39-D0E5-4172-A329-270FBF615CD1.jpeg
 
For me: it was about a year before my clowns noticed the Nem. I did a 3 day black out (fighting Dino’s) and when I uncovered the tank the nem was hosting the clowns... shortly there after the nem split (maybe it was annoyed by the clowns?)

But it was the 3 day black out that finally got My clowns interested. No idea why, And it wasn’t planned but was a pleasant surprise.
AE9D4B39-D0E5-4172-A329-270FBF615CD1.jpeg
Huh, I'll try that, hopefully it works
 
Any way I can get the BTA off the rock?
You can use an ice cube in a zip lock bag and place it against the foot of the BTA. It will move. Or use a powerhead and point it right at the BTA it will start to move at that point.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top