How do I get rid of this red algae growth?

reefjim

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
67
Reaction score
27
Location
brisbane
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4815.jpeg
Hi,

I just had to move my tank when we moved house. Got it moved successfully but the system got a shock.

This has started popping up, what’s the best removal or prevention strategy? I don’t want it spreading

Thanks I’m advance IMG_4816.jpeg
 
That looks like cyano. I’d remove it manually and see if that helps. Your tank is of course out of whack because it was moved. I used Chemi-Clean once when it took over my tank but other times I’ve been able to remove small patches and it doesn’t spread. I got mine when my nutrients bottomed out. Good luck!
 
That looks like cyano. I’d remove it manually and see if that helps. Your tank is of course out of whack because it was moved. I used Chemi-Clean once when it took over my tank but other times I’ve been able to remove small patches and it doesn’t spread. I got mine when my nutrients bottomed out. Good luck!
I was about to say this
 
Thanks I will do a small water change today and see what I can suck out

Appreciate the help everyone
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top