How do I know if my tank is done cycling?

How long do you think it will cycle?

  • Less than a week

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About 2 weeks

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • More than 3 weeks

    Votes: 3 60.0%

  • Total voters
    5

Maxx Yung

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
176
Reaction score
80
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Red Sea Reefer 750XXL 3 days ago (hype hype hype). I have a protein skimmer Curve 7, filter socks, and about 150lbs of live rock and probably more sand. People have said that a cycle will be done if you test the ammonia and nitrites are 0.

My question is, because of all that live bacteria from the rocks and sand, and adding IO's Bio Spira and Dr.Tim's One and Only, wouldn't the cycle be significantly faster. (Talking about 2 weeks or less)
 
possibly. get a seachem ammonia badge as it tests for free ammonia and is very accurate. does pure ammonia to 2ppm. when it drops to 0 within 8-12 hours you’re cycle. if you used live rock then you may not even see a cycle at all!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top